Everyone is using computers nowadays. You may be using it to play some action-packed adventure games or to watch your favorite movies. Or your work may require you to stare at the computer for hours on end. It doesn’t matter why you are using it. At the end of the day, we all end up with tired eyes, blurry vision and heaviness in the head. We all know that we need to relax our eyes while working on the computer but we either just don’t care or we just don’t know how to take care of our eyes. This article gives five effective and yet easy tips to relax your eyes while sitting at the computer.
Our eyes have to constantly focus and refocus while staring at the computer monitor. Of course this puts tremendous pressure on our eyes and eye muscles. So what should we do? We can learn to relax our eyes while sitting on the computer using these tips:
* Blink your eyes every second. Blinking is the best exercise for our eyes. It relaxes them by providing moisture to the eyes. So blink as often as possible to prevent your eyes from drying out.
* Look away every 2 minutes. After every 2 minutes, relax your eyes by looking away from the computer. Just look as far away as possible for 4-5 seconds and then get back to work. This will prevent your eyes from quickly tiring out.
* Close your eyes every 20 minutes. Relax your eyes after every 20 minutes by closing them. Rub your palms vigorously and place them lightly on your eye lids for about 30 seconds. Do this thrice. Keep your eyes shut throughout these 2-3 minutes. This exercise will give your eyes the much needed break from the brightness of the computer and your vision will be much clearer.
* Get up every hour – Take a 5 minute break every hour. Get up from the chair, have a cookie or a glass of water. Stretch a little. Just get away from the computer. It will not only give your eyes a refreshing break but also give your body and mind a break.
* Exercise your eyes thrice a day – Your eyes also need exercising. So exercise them using these exercises. Make sure to sit upright with your back and neck straight and steady while doing these exercises.
Look to the right and then to the left. Do this about 10 times.